Are you an iMessage user? Are your contacts all on iMessage app and Apple ecosystem? What if you get into a situation where you only have Windows OS to deal with but you have to chat with someone using iMessage? Now the problem arises. But do you know that you can use iMessage for PC?
iMessage is exclusively available on Apple products and platform only. That means there is no official iMessage app to download anywhere that will directly work on any Windows version of operating system. But being in the age of innovation and breakthrough, people will always find a hack, a workaround, or remedy for these type of things. And that’s what this is all about—to give you a way to use iMessage for PC.
Now, this will work only if you memorize all your Apple login information. And since that will be highly likely, then the method mentioned here should be easy for you. So without further ado, here is how you download and install iMessage for PC the easiest way.
How to Download and Install iMessage for PC
Method 1: Using an Emulator
- This method is easy. All you have to do is use your Windows web browser and search for the iPadian iOS emulator to run iOS apps. Or you can use this direct link to download a copy of the iPadian installer.
- Use IDM to speed up the download. After the download finishes, run the installer and choose where you want the app installed on your Windows PC. You can create a new folder or follow the default installation prompts of Windows that leads to Program Files folder.
- Once you finish the installation, you can then go to the shortcut form the desktop and click on it to launch the iPadian emulator.
- For your first time use, the emulator will ask your Apple account information to log in.
- When you finally enter the main desktop that looks a bit familiar to you, find the App Store.
- From there, you can search for the iMessage and install it.
- You can now use iMessage for PC. Enjoy!
Method 2: Using WeMessage
This method will need a Mac with you for this to work. And please also note that because this method is not fully supported by Apple, there is a high chance that this will only work for some period of time. Or at least just until the developer hit a wall and a dead-end. But for now, this method works with only the basic necessities from iMessage app.
Install on Mac
- First is to make sure that your Mac has a Java Development Kit installed. If there is none, you should get one from Oracle (Java) website.
- On the Oracle site’s download page, make sure to choose the file that ends in DMG extension because that is the file that works for Mac devices.
- On your Mac’s System Preferences, go to Security and Privacy. Then click on Privacy and look for the Accessibility option on the left side of the box.
- There should be a list that shows the Terminal. If not, there is a lock icon at the lowest left bottom of the box. Click on it to enable changes.
- Now click the plus sign to add Terminal to the list and make sure it is checked.
- This time download WeServer on your Mac from its official site. Choose “Download for Mac” to get the latest version or download it here.
- When the download finishes, extract the ZIP file.
- There will be a run-command file so double-click on it to run the script for running the WeServer in Terminal.
- If you see a pop-up window that says Unidentified Developer, just click Open.
- After you give it permission, the terminal will ask you to enter your iMessage email and password. Use the same email that you use on the official iMessage but never use the same password. Use anything else like your name with added numbers for your security.
Install on Android
- Now, this is the part where you run Android apps on Windows and install an Android emulator like BlueStacks. After you install an Android emulator, install the WeMessage. To do this, open the Play Store and search for the WeMessage app.
- Install the app.
- After the installation, the WeMessage app will ask for the IP address from the WeServer on your Mac. Also, your real iMessage email address and the new password you created earlier for the WeServer.
- Depending on how you want to use WeMessage, there are two ways to choose from: The private and public IP address.
- The private IP address is only used for when you only want to utilize WeMessage inside your home or on your WiFi network only. If you choose a public IP address, you can use WeMessage wherever you are as long as you have an internet connection or data connection.
- For Private IP address, go to System Preferences> Network> Open Network Preferences> Advanced> TCP/IP. On the IPv4 Address, that is your Mac’s private IP address. Type it in when you log in to WeMessage along with your Apple account.
- For public IP address, you should be able to access your router’s web UI or settings page using your browser. Since every router has a different default gateway, you will need to check your router’s manual to check. For common router default gateway, try 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 and hit Enter.
- Type in Admin both for username and password or check the back of your router as this information is usually placed there.
- Once you are in, go to Advanced Option and look for the Port Forwarding. Create a Port Forwarding profile and name it WeServer.
- For the IP address, use the private IP address from Mac earlier. The source port and destination port would be 22222. Choose TCP or TCP/UDP for Protocol.
- To check your Mac’s public IP address, use your Mac’s Safari browser and go to WhatIsMyIP then you will see your Mac’s IP address.
Log into WeMessage on your Android Device
- Tap on the WeMessage app icon to open the service.
- Now choose whether to use private IP or public IP address to your WeMessage account.
- A window will ask you whether to block contacts or sync contacts.
- After that, you can do whatever you want with your WeMessage already connected to your iMessage.
Please be noted that WeMessage is just a temporary remedy for instances where you have no direct access to your iMessage. While this app is promising and good for now, knowing Apple, this method will eventually be blocked sooner or later. But you can enjoy this for now.
Also, do not expect too much on the features inside the WeMessage. It is limited mostly to chat and some emojis on the side as well. You can explore the rest for yourself. But know that it does not all the features of iMessage overall.
Using WeMessage and WeServer with your public IP address raises a certain kind of risk. Since WeMessage is a closed-source we do not what codes are incorporated into the app. Potentially, it could be used to hack your account. Although that is a scenario for the worse, just use WeMessage at your own risk.
If you have questions, feel free to leave a message in the comment section and we will answer them as soon as possible. And do share this article with your friends if they want to learn some workaround on using their iMessage on other platforms.