If you are a big user of WeChat app and you spend most of your time with your Windows device, don’t you wish for a WeChat for PC? Good thing for you, that is very much possible now. And all you have to do is read all the important details of this article.
WeChat has been on the playing field for quite some time now. The app goes head to head with giant social media apps such as Instagram, Snapchat, Hike app, Kik messenger, and WhatsApp Plus messenger. But for the longest time, it is still alive and kicking and has grown exponentially in recent years. As a matter of fact, the app has been downloaded from the Play Store for more than a hundred million. And here’s the most impressive part, WeChat has an estimated user of around 900 million users and 90% of those are from China only.
If you want to know more, we will provide you with more interesting details about WeChat. But for now, we will get first to what you really came here for—WeChat for PC. Good thing for you, not every Android app is only available for Android. And in this case, Tencent has also released WeChat for PC and WeChat web version as well. Here’s how you can access all of it.
Download WeChat for PC
- Download GB WhatsApp APK
- Get FaceTime for PC
- Install AirDroid for PC
- Free Download GB Instagram APK
- Download Free Apps from Freedom APK
How to Download and Install WeChat for PC
I must clarify that we will not use an Android emulator here to run Android games and apps. So there will be no need to download BlueStacks. Now that we have that out of the way, we shall continue with the installation of WeChat to your PC.
- Let’s keep this simple and easy to follow. Open your web browser and visit the WeChat official website or you can use our official link to get a copy of the latest WeChat for PC installer.
- For faster download speed, you may use a download booster such as Internet Download Manager (aka IDM).
- As soon as the download finishes, double-click on the installer to begin the installation.
- Choose your preferred folder or just go to Windows default Program Files folder.
- When the installation finishes, find the WeChat desktop icon and double-click to launch the app for the first time.
- You will be required to enter your WeChat personal details before you can actually use the WeChat for PC app.
- You now have the WeChat for PC at your own disposal.
Features of WeChat
- Supports multimedia messaging. That means you can send photos, videos, voice, and text messages.
- Chat with another person or do group chats. And then there is the group call for conference type of conversation.
- Send and express your day and mood with hundreds of stickers from WeChat gallery.
- All voice and video calls are in high-quality wherever you are in the world. And the best part is that it is free.
- Need to call to landlines and mobile numbers? No problem! WeChat allows voice call with the lowest rates available.
- Features Moments which you can share on your personal photo streams.
- Use “Friend Radar”, “Shake” and “People Nearby” to find people and meet them.
- Certified by TRUSTe which means it provides the highest privacy control more than any messaging app can deliver.
- If you want to tell your circle of friends where you currently are, you only have to activate real-time location sharing.
- Customize app wallpaper and notification to get a more personalized feel.
- Supports desktop app, web browser client, and can run on Android and iOS devices.
- Great language support of up to 20 localized language and offers translation as well.
The WeChat may not be the most popular messaging and social media app, but they definitely belong to the most reliable ones. And if I were to choose from any of the best ones, the WeChat definitely is my number one choice.
The WeChat for PC is a great addition to its already impressive platform and services. You have now the advantage of shifting from your mobile device to your PC with ease. And the same security it offers across all its supported platforms can still be enjoyed.
In your experience, what feature makes you stick to WeChat messenger this whole time? And why do you think it is reliable enough that you want to use it for a longer period of time? Tell us your experiences so we can let other people know how great WeChat really is.
If you have questions and even suggestions, feel free to leave your comments in the comment section as well. We will be more than happy to respond to them as soon as possible. And do share this article so we can inform more people about this amazing app.