Google Duos for PC is a must. But the problem is the app is only available for Android and iOS. So here is good news for you. There is a way to download and install Google Duo for PC. And if you are interested even though you will not be using the official Google Duo app for Windows, then by all means, continue reading.
The Google Duo is one of the most recent apps from Google family. It was just released last August 2016. So it is barely just over a year old. The Google Duo app is a video calling app that focuses on delivering quality video reception on both ends. It is ultimately optimized to work even in the lowest bandwidth of network possible. This makes visual communication for possible even when the internet is hardly available.
The Google Duo app suits best for those who prefer video calls such as business interaction and family communication. We all know that mere pictures sometimes just isn’t enough anymore especially when we are talking with our loved ones. And this the limitations that Google is trying break so that users will be able to connect to people that matter to them.
For those not familiar with Google Duo, it is similar to other messaging apps like Snapchat, Kik, Hike, and Imo app messenger. The big difference is that this app focuses more on voice and video call. Now, the app has no dedicated developed software version that can run on Windows, so we will provide you with a way to bridge this limitation.
Download Google Duo for PC
|Name||Google Duo 58.0.258251616.DR58_RC08|
Downloading only the Google Duo app will NOT run on Windows PC. You need to read the full instruction on how to properly install the file on any Windows machine.
- Download Snapseed for Windows
- Get Snaptube for Windows Laptop
- 7 Snaptube Alternatives
- Connect with Tinder for PC
How to Download and Install Google Duo for PC
This method might not be the most convenient but it certainly is the best choice out there. And you do not have to hack or cheat your way just to get Google Duo on your Windows device. We will be using an Android emulator that runs Android apps and games. If you are familiar or have heard of BlueStacks Android emulator, that is what we will go for.
- You will need to download the BlueStacks installer either from their official website or from our very own download link. You may use the download button we provided so you can start downloading of the app.
- It would best serve you if you will use a download booster and accelerator to make the download a bit faster. The IDM app can give you up to five times faster download speed.
- When you are done downloading the installer, double-click on it to start the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instruction and give permission for BlueStacks to download. You may choose to create a new folder or just use the Program Files folder instead.
- It will take a few minutes but as soon as the BlueStacks finishes the installation, find the desktop icon immediately.
- Double-click on the icon to initialize the program.
- Follow the instruction by clicking on the BlueStacks screen. Also, try to familiarize the on-screen button while you’re at it.
- When you reach the BlueStacks main interface, do not do anything yet. Leave the emulator running as you will need to do another thing first.
- We have provided you with the Google Duo APK using the download button. Find that download button somewhere here in this article and click on it to start the download.
- When the APK file is ready, double-click on the APK to start the installation to the BlueStacks. Or just drag and drop the APK file to the BlueStacks screen. It should then automatically download the Google Duo.
- When it finishes, you can then use the Google Duo for PC. Be reminded that you will need a phone number for this to work so ready your smartphone for one-time verification.
This method might not be the official Google Duo for PC but it still features all the functionalities of the Android app version. No more and nothing less.
Depending on your Windows device, the performance of the app will be reliant on those factors. Not to mention the integrity of the internet signal that you will be using to make the calls.
So in today’s question, why do you think Google has made an excellent decision for creating a dedicated app solely for video calling? Do you think there is another feature that Google Duo should have? Tell us what you think or share us your ideas in the comment section below. We will love to read all your suggestions.
Feel free to write down your question in the comment section . We will respond to them as soon as we read them. Or perhaps, other visitors can share their knowledge and answer the question for us.