If you have Google Home recently bought and unable to set it up properly yet, we have just the thing for you. We all know how Google Home can be so helpful and make our lives a bit better with less effort. And for this, Google Home should be maximized. And what’s the best way to use Google Home to its full potential? Install Google Home for PC and control everything from there and your mobile device.
Google Home if set up properly can provide you seamless control over compatible devices that are also available in your house. Similar to AnyDesk for PC but with a wider range of devices to control with. These devices are the thermostat, smart TV, smart lights, and music services you are subscribed to.
Now, all of these things will not work just because you bought them along with the Google Home speaker. You need to do a few technical stuff. It is not an advanced mode but it still needs some getting around. So, not to get your patience running out, here is how to set up Google Home for PC.
Download Google Home App
|Name||Google Home v18.104.22.168|
|OS Requirement||Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (Works on All Versions)|
The Google Home app will not work on PC just because you downloaded it. You should read the rest of the article to find out how it will integrate to your Windows PC.
- Download Snapchat for PC
- Get Kik for PC
- Download KingRoot for PC
- Download Nintendo DS for PC
- 192.168.l.l Change Admin Login and Password
How to Download and Install Google Home for PC
You will need to ready all the devices that you want to connect to the Google Home network. That means you have to make sure that these devices are compatible with Google Home control. And the most important thing is for you to understand that there is no official Google Home for PC. So we will be doing this via an Android emulator that can run Android apps and games on PC. If you are an Ubuntu user, check out BlueStacks for Linux OSes.
Setup Google Home App
- First is to open your PC and have the web browser ready.
- Get an Android emulator such as BlueStacks for PC devices. You may get a copy of the installer from the official website or get it from the link on the download button below.
- To accelerate your download speed because BlueStacks is quite huge, you should use an Internet Download Manager.
- Once you finish the download. Run the installer to save on your PC.
- Choose a folder where you want the BlueStacks will be saved.
- After the installation, find the shortcut icon on the main Windows desktop.
- Double-click on it to launch.
- Log in your Gmail account to start using Google services.
- Get the Google Home APK from the link above and double-click on it to install to BlueStacks.
- Now turn on all your compatible devices starting with your Google Home pod or speaker.
- As soon as they are fully booted up, turn on the search button for the Google Home for PC.
- The Google Home and all other devices should appear on the list of available devices. Connect first to the Google Home Device.
- As soon as the Google Home app and Google Home device can establish a connection, you will hear a sound. If not, just try again and it will eventually connect.
- Now connect the device to the WiFi network using the Google Home for PC.
- The app will also ask you where you want to put the device inside your house. This is important as this will affect the performance and future changes that you want to make with your setup.
- To connect the Google devices, just enter the SSID and your password to establish a connection to the network.
- This time connect Google Home to Google Assistant. Just tap Sign In to do this.
- You will be prompted with some permission with regards to your account activity.
- Then it will again ask you if you want to enable personal results. Just tap continue. You can set up multiple accounts later.
- Next is it will ask to set your location. Tap Yes.
- There will be more questions regarding your personal preferences. you should be the one deciding that for yourself such as music and commands.
- Afterward, you will be asked if you want to go through the tutorial. Since this is your first time, I suggest that you do this.
- You now have a Google Home for PC setup. Note that you can still access everything through your smartphone. The PC is just another outlet where you can control and give commands to the Google network.
If you want to add more devices to your Google Home network, you may do so. Just tap the devices icon at the top right. Choose the Create Group tab and rename it if you want or you can stick with the default “Home Group” name. Let the Google Home app scan again and the rest is easy as it will be just like the instruction above.
Google Home for PC is the modern way to control your devices without having to touch them and get close to the devices that you want to control. This is the infant phase of the future ahead of us.
If you have more questions that you want us to answer for clarification, please do leave your messages in the comment section. We will answer them as soon as we can. And if you think you have a better way to do this step-by-step method, feel free to share it with us.
You may share this article if you think this will be helpful to your friends or family. We will be more than happy to help more people with shares on your social media accounts.