Are your favorite games from the classic first PlayStation game console? This PSX emulator for PC list should be a haven for you. As you will find, we have searched and gathered the best PlayStation emulator that is available today. And if you think that you have tried the best one, think again. Read every PlayStation emulator here, and you might just find the better if not the best PSX emulator for PC you have ever used.
PlayStation was first launched in the year 1994 in Japan by Sony Interactive Entertainment. And it has since made a legacy that paved the way for high 3D-based rendering games. Although it has been decades since the first PlayStation game console was released, its name had already become a household nomenclature that even today’s children are familiar with. The name PlayStation is not only a brand but also a community for those who have grown to love the platform.
Finding yourself reading this article is not a surprise but a pleasant visit. You are probably one of the millions that still cling on the PlayStation platform and the experience it brings. So for your gaming pleasure, we bring you PSX emulator for PC.
Download PSX Emulator for PC
|Name||PSX Emulator 2.05|
- Google Duo For Windows PC/Laptop
- Install Imo for PC
- Get iPhoto for PC
- Play Fallout Shelter on Windows PC/Laptop
- Play Candy Crush for Windows OS
PSX Emulator for PC
- ePSXe is an x86 based PlayStation video game emulator that can run on Windows, Linux platform, and now, Android.
- This emulator is closed-source so all developments will all be coming from its current and original distributor.
- It supports up to 8 simultaneous players in real-time.
- Create room for people that you want to play with. And room creators, you have an admin right to invite, kick, ban, and even mute people within your room.
- The ePSXe emulator supports direct connectivity with other ePSXe users. That means there will be no need to change your router settings or use the router’s port forwarding feature.
- Although it runs most of the PlayStation game titles, it still is not a perfect PSX emulator.
- It still suffers from bugs from time to time. There are even reports that it sometimes suffers from frame drops.
- Incorrectly emulates a lot of games especially if you occasionally focus on other windows from your screen. For example, you open ePSXe then open a web browser or check a different emulator such as Wii emulator, iPhone emulator or Nintendo DS emulator.
- Supports plugins to better enhance the PlayStation experience.
- Read from actual CD drives and CD ROMs.
- The Mednafen name means My Emulator Doesn’t Need A Frickin’ Excellent Name.
- This is not just a PlayStation emulator but a multi-system emulator. This means that this emulator can also run as Sega Genesis, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, SNES, and many more.
- This is running on command line interface. If you want a good GUI, you will need to download one. The MedGUI Reloaded is the top choice for the users of this emulator.
- Supports multiple CDs with multiple games is are also playable here.
- Supports screenshot in PNG format.
- It is portable so you do not need to install onto your system. That also means that you can take your games wherever you want with just your USB or external drive.
- Remap keys the way you want and also able to run on different hardware controls. You may use virtual system inputs to a keyboard, joystick, or both at the same time.
- Save game as much as you want.
- Record screen with audio and video in the QuickTime file format.
- Free to use all you want.
- Atari Lynx, Neo Geo Pocket (Color), WonderSwan, GameBoy (Color), GameBoy Advance, Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo Entertainment System/Super Famicom, Virtual Boy, PC Engine/TurboGrafx 16 (CD), SuperGrafx, PC-FX, Sega Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Megadrive, Sega Master System, Sega Saturn (experimental, x86_64 only), Sony PlayStation.
- Open source cross-platform for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- Recently, it can also run on Android, iOS, PS3, PSP, PSP Vita, Wii, Blackberry, Xbox, Xbox 360, GameCube, Raspberry Pi, Nintendo 3DS, and Wii U.
- Acts as a front-end for various emulators including the PlayStation BIOS.
- Record your gaming session to a video file.
- Simple and yet carefully designed interface to look and function like a PlayStation gaming console.
- Optimized performance for best low latency output.
- Highly configurable controls and settings so you will be able to run at your chosen display and performance. Or just use the default if you do not want to do anything about the settings. Play as is anytime and anywhere.
- Supports joypad control and you can configure it the way you want even with multiple controls. This is best if your friend brings his or her own joypad.
- BE able to emulate even the old CRT look and display. As a matter of fact, you can customize the whole graphical display to your liking.
- You may host a network to play with your friends or family or join if you just came in from work or something. You may also be able to just watch using the spectator mode.
- Aside from the ability to record your gameplay to a video file, you may also do live-streaming your game through Twitch and YouTube. This feature is best for those who love the game and earn some bucks out of it.
- Expect consistent updates and library expansion so you can have more reasons to stay and keep playing.
Surely, these PSX emulators do not bring the most sophisticated graphics of the present game titles. But its library of games is not something you can easily ignore. Here are a few of those game titles that might refresh your memory in case you have forgotten them:
- Final Fantasy Series
- Metal Gear Solid
- Crash Bandicoot Series
- Resident Evil
- Spyro the Dragon
- Silent Hill
- Tekken 3
- Street Fighter Alpha 3
- Digimon World
- Dragon Quest
- Fighting Force
- Road Rash
- Mortal Kombat 2
- Driver 2
- Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout
For more list of PSX emulators for PC, you may visit this site. Feel free to get a copy as they are all free.
We chose these PSX emulators for PC because they are the best at what they do. They have been around for quite some time now and they have been proven to be performance ready. They display the most reliable with the least bugs and issues reported. In short, the games that run on these PSX emulators for PC are playable for most of the times.
Any of these PSX emulators are specialized and dedicated to a specific person and purpose. You may just use the ePSXe solely for personal use. Or use the RetroArch for live gaming and showing off your skills.
So which one of these PSX emulators for PC do you think works best for you? Do you know any PlayStation emulators that you think should have been included in this list? What are your favorite PlayStation games? Tell us your opinions in the comment section below as we love to learn from you guys too.
If you want to ask us questions and other stuff regarding today’s topic, feel free to leave your thoughts down below. Or you can also suggest other topics if you think it fits this website’s niche.